I Need to Find the Status of My Case

In order to initiate a case, you must first file a police report. You can file a police report here or by phone using 505-242-COPS.

If you have already filed a police report, take the steps below to find the status of your case through the NM courts system.

You can either use the case number or the  defendant’s name, date of birth, and social security number to find your case.

Court case search

  1. First, follow the instructions on the portal to get to the information entry page.
  2. Then, you can either search by defendant name (please note: if you are a victim of a crime, you cannot search for that case using your own name), or by case number (Metropolitan Court number or District Court number).
    • A Metro case number might look like this:  T-4-FR-2014000002.
    • A District case number might look like this: D-424-CR-200600001.